Each need attention to keep them alive ... and sadly, we have all silk plants around here. Mostly I excuse my lack of attention to both by rationalizing that I spend most of my time and effort keeping the people of the house alive and don't have time for blogs or houseplants. But it is so fun to go back and read past posts, and especially to read the posts of dear friends who are 25,000 times busier with their people than I am. So the stale excuses have become stale, and I'm ready to be back.
An Arizona summer is like winter in most other states ... you spend a lot of time indoors hibernating (i.e., resting under your A/C vent and ceiling fan). It would seem like I would have all kinds of time to blog, but I found that there wasn't much going on to blog about, and I was too tired and cranky from the heat to enjoy blogging.
But November in Arizona is like Spring in other places. We're bustling around our house tending to projects because it's not too hot to do anything other than sip lemonade and avoid any sudden heat-generating movement.
Now there's an energy in the air. Matt began cleaning and organizing the garage yesterday. I have started organizing closets and cabinets in the house. We're making lists of things we want to do and ways to improve the house. We've gotten ambitious. I bought a cabinet from Craigslist that I'm going to be refinishing and a small loveseat from a yard sale that I'm wanting to reupholster. I know it's going to all be hard, but the vision is there, and I'm excited! If any or all of it turns out, you'll see pictures. In fact, I think I'll post "before" pictures soon. Maybe you'll see the same vision that I did!
Why all of this ambition? At first, I thought it was because we are having guests for Thanksgiving that we have been bitten by the "Sprucing" bug ... but now I think it's just a byproduct of Fall in Arizona. Isn't it great?
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Every day that i walk outside...I think what a beautiful spring day it is...its true...the first day that it cooled down i was cleaning away....we have missed you all...and with my kids being sick and Angel working we haven't been around much either....but my Mother in law is coming to town so i am busy along with other things like finding a beauty school to attend...hopefully with the nice weather and the craziness ahead for us...we will meet again...can't wait to see pics....;)
Yeah...you are back! I wish we were in Arizona enjoying the fall. Can't say I am excited for the snow here in UT, I am an AZ winter-er at heart. Take care guys!
Post a Comment