Sunday, February 10, 2008

Is this a record?


I'm posting twice in 24 hours! So, the reason I'm posting is two-fold. First, I wanted to post a picture of the new tile that we're having installed in our kitchen and bathrooms starting tomorrow. The carpet is coming next. And new baseboards will follow that! So fun! Well, the end result will be fun. The three days of trying to keep one rambunctious bundle of energy from stepping on the tile will be not so much fun, but it'll be good nevertheless.

The second reason I'm posting is that I've been meaning to share funny anecdotes about the kids and the last post was so lengthy ... all about me! I believe the only mention of the yay-hoo kids was that they'd made me cry sometime last week. So, I felt I should jump back on and share some funny cute things. First, Eric is a pretty lousy napper, but he is super-generous with the smiles. He is totally starting to respond to Jake and will stop whatever he's doing (namely, eating) to watch Jacob's antics. It's totally cute ... sometimes.

Three-year olds are a riot. Jacob has been so funny. Anytime anything is broken around here now, he's asking for the "sticky tape". Maybe some of you have heard references to sticky tape (and its amazing capabilities) from one of our "babysitters," Dora ... the Explorer. I've also been privy to the explained miraculous capabilities of sticky tape by another of our favorite "babysitters", Mickey ... as in Mouse from "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." If Jacob has a broken toy (and a few weeks ago, I caught him breaking a toy to test the virtues of sticky tape), he is fully convinced that sticky tape will do the trick. If only ... :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I can absolutely identify with the "sticky tape". Mikayla loves Dora and Mickey Mouse and is often asking for sticky tape and various other "Mouskatools" throughout the day. Gavin smiles alot, too. (It makes up for the fact that he still won't sleep in his own bed and he's returned to waking up every 3 hours to eat at night!) I love seeing him react to Mikayla - it is so sweet.

John & Shauna said...

The tile and carpet look great. Send us all a picture of the finished product. Good luck!