Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Move Over Emeril

There's a new chef in town.

I was just lamenting to a friend today about how I never seem to have time to record all of the funny things Jacob says everyday ... there are just too many. And this one was pretty funny.

So, this morning, he's playing with his valentines ... yes, I let him keep a box of his valentines from his friends and some leftovers that we didn't distribute. Anyway, he lined them all up in these super long lines all morning, and around 10:30 this morning, he announces that we should make suckers to go with the valentines for all of our friends.

I thought that was a little strange but responded that I didn't really know how to make suckers (not letting him in on the little "mom" secret that I could find out how to do it on the Internet ... if I wanted to.). Well, not one to be deterred, he explains how we'll do it and what ingredients are required. I swear we are not raising him to be like Will Farrell's "Elf" character ... despite what I'm about to reveal.

Jacob says, "Okay, so we start with sugar. And then we'll add jelly and frosting, and then eggs and rice. And then some jelly and sugar." I think he must be recovering from the lack of sweets from his days in the womb when I had gestational diabetes.

No comments: